To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook pasta al limone using 6 ingredients and 4 steps.
The Ingredients Needed To Make Pasta Al Limone:
- 1 lemon
- 12 oz spaghetti, cooked according to packaging direction
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
Pasta Al Limone is essentially a lemon butter sauce. So with this recipe, it will be just like making Fettucine Alfredo only adding both lemon zest and lemon juice to the butter. This version of pasta al limone is with just heavy cream, Parmesan, parsley, lemons and butter.
Instructions To Make Pasta Al Limone:
To make Pasta Al Limone, start by cooking the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling and salted water until it is very al dente. ( The pasta will finish cooking in the sauce later on. ) While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce.
The sauce for Pasta Al Limone is essentially a lemon butter sauce. To make the sauce, start by melting butter in a pan over medium heat. Add lemon zest and cook until you can smell the fragrances. Then add heavy cream and whisk until it begins to simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in butter one tablespoon at a time until melted and the sauce is creamy and emulsified. Remove from heat.
Add ¾ cup of pasta cooking liquid to the cream sauce and return to medium heat. Using tongs, transfer spaghetti to the pot with the sauce. Cook, tossing often and adding Parmesan little by little until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy. If the sauce looks tight, add 1–2 tablespoons of the pasta cooking liquid. Stir in reserved lemon juice; season with more salt if needed.
- For presentation purposes, remove 2 2-inches strips of lemon zest Using a vegetable peeler. Cut into thin strands. Set aside. – – Finely grate remaining zest into a pot. – – Cut the lemon in half and squeeze out enough juice to yield 2 Tbsp. into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add cream to pot with lemon zest and cook over medium heat, whisking often until liquid is just beginning to simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low then whisk in butter 1 Tbsp. at a time until melted and sauce is creamy and emulsified. Remove from heat.
- Add ¾ cup pasta cooking liquid to cream sauce and return to medium heat. Stir to combine then transfer spaghetti to pot with sauce. Cook, tossing often and adding Parmesan little by little, until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Serve with the lemon zest strands.
This creamy yet bright lemon pasta, from the cookbook author Marlena Spieler, is simple, elegant and destined to become one of your favorites. It’s light sauce and fresh flavor makes this dish perfect for almost any occasion.
If you’re looking for another great recipe, try our Loaded Steak Quesadillas. Enjoy!