Mayak toast is a Korean toast that is made up of bread, egg, mayonnaise, cheese, salt and pepper. It is also known as drug toast or addictive toast, because it’s so tasty that you can’t stop eating it. Mayak toast is a popular street food in Korea, especially among people who need a quick and filling breakfast or snack. It’s also a common dish to make at home in Korea.
It has a crispy as well as a buttery texture along with a savory and cheesy flavor. It’s also very filling, and the egg gives it protein.
Mayak toast is very versatile and can be customized with different ingredients and flavors. You can use any type of bread, cheese, or mayonnaise you like. You can also add other ingredients such as ham, bacon, sausage, onion, tomato, and / or hot sauce.
You can make this recipe using 5 ingredients and 3 steps.
The Ingredients Needed To Make Mayak Toast:
- 1 slice of bread (Per serving) You can use any type of bread you want. For example, you can use white, wheat, rye, or gluten-free. You can also use pre-sliced bread if you have it.
- 1 egg (per serving)
- 1/4 Cup shredded cheese (You can use any type of cheese you like. For example, you can use: cheddar, mozzarella, American, etc…) You can also use pre-shredded cheese if you have it.
- salt and pepper to taste
Steps To Make Mayak Toast :
- Spread a little mayonnaise over the bread. Make another line of mayonnaise around the edge of the bread. Sprinkle the shredded cheese around the edge. This will help the cheese stick to the bread and prevent it from falling off.
- Crack the egg into the center of the bread. It should stay in the middle of the border of mayo and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 250°C until egg sets, about 5 minutes. Alternatively you can use a toaster oven, or microwave the bread on high at 30-second intervals until the egg is set to the level you desire.
A couple Of Tips And Tricks To Make Mayak Toast Even Better:
- Toast the bread in a skillet before adding the egg. This will make the bread a little more crispy on both sides.
- Cover the skillet with a lid or foil after adding the cheese. When doing this, it will create steam that will help melt the cheese and cook the egg better.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and learned something new. Alternatively, if you’re looking to make another great dish to make, try our Anthony Bourdain Pasta Al Limone recipe.