Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, greek baklava. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Greek Baklava is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Greek Baklava is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Vendita Diretta Online Di Lampadari e Oggettistica in Vetro di Murano. Spedizione gratis (vedi condizioni) CUT the baklava after assembly and before cooking, and top with butter to make everything smooth and “pretty”. Put the cooled sauce on as soon as you pull the baklava out of the oven. It tastes like the baklava I buy in the Greek stores downtown and a LOT cheaper per piece.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have greek baklava using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Greek Baklava:
- Take For the Baklava
- Make ready 2 (16 oz) packages phyllo dough
- Get 4 cups pecans milled or finely chopped
- Prepare 1 and a 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Get 2 sticks melted unsalted butter, clarified
- Get 1 bottle whole cloves
- Make ready Pastry brush
- Take 1 9×13 pan
- Make ready For the syrup
- Get 2 cups water
- Take 1 cup sugar
- Get 1 cup honey (I use wildflower honey)
- Make ready 1 lemon cut in half, only use half
- Prepare 1 cinnamon stick
Baklava: Melt butter on low heat in small pot on stove, or in small bowl in microwave. When making this baklava recipe, it helps to think of the ingredients list in three different components: Phyllo pastry-find frozen phyllo dough in the freezer section next to things like pie crust. Nut mixture-pistachios, walnuts, hazelnut, sugar, ground cinnamon, pinch of ground cloves. You can change the nut mixture according to what you have.
Instructions to make Greek Baklava:
- Make the syrup: Take a saucepan and add the water, sugar, honey and cinnamon stick. Squeeze the juice from the lemon half and drop the whole lemon half in the pan
- Bring to a boil and stir until sugar and honey dissolves then down to medium heat for about 5 minutes, take off heat and cool to room temperature then take out the lemon half and cinnamon stick
- Make the Baklava: Mix pecans with the ground cinnamon, melt the butter, clarify it and butter the pan
- Place one sheet in the pan and brush butter all over it, repeat until you do 10 sheets on top of one another layering each with butter
- Place about a 1/4 of the nut mixture on top of the 10 buttered sheets
- It goes like this: 10 buttered sheets 1/4 nut mixture. 5 buttered sheets. 1/4 nut mixture. 5 buttered sheets 1/4 nut mixture. 5 buttered sheets. 1/4 nut mixture. 15 buttered sheets on top
- Butter the very top, even pour the rest of your butter and carefully cut baklava lengthwise 4 rows then cut diagonally for diamonds
- Place a whole clove in each diamond shape and bake at 300 degrees for one and a half hours depending on your oven. Make sure it is golden and flaky on top
- When baklava is done take out the oven and spoon or ladle the cool syrup all over the baklava concentrating in the cuts. Remember cool syrup, hot baklava
- Let it sit for at least 8 hours to overnight to soak up all the sweet syrup (I know it’s hard to resist) 😇
- It can be stored at room temperature for a week, longer in the fridge ENJOY !! 😋❤️😋
Nut mixture-pistachios, walnuts, hazelnut, sugar, ground cinnamon, pinch of ground cloves. You can change the nut mixture according to what you have. Baklava is a traditional and rich Greek dessert made with layers of phyllo pastry, which are filled with chopped walnuts and then drenched in a lemon syrup. Greek baklava appears to predominantly use walnuts as the nut of choice for the filling, with honey being another major player in their baklava recipes. Find the best Baklava near you on Yelp – see all Baklava open now and reserve an open table.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food greek baklava recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!