Cajun Cabbage Jambalaya is a delightful one-pot dish that combines the bold flavors of Cajun cuisine with the hearty goodness of cabbage. This recipe is perfect for those seeking a spicy, flavorful, and easy-to-make meal. Let’s get started!
Ingredients To Make Cajun Cabbage Jambalaya:
- 1/2 pound pork sausage
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into rounds
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut up
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 head of green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (adjust to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green onions, chopped (for garnish)
Instructions To Make Cajun Cabbage Jambalaya:
- In a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven, cook the pork sausage over medium-high heat until browned. Remove any excess fat.
- Add the smoked sausage, chopped onion, green pepper, and minced garlic. Cook until the vegetables are tender and the sausage is browned.
- Stir in the sliced cabbage, diced tomatoes (with juice), and rice. Cook for a few minutes, allowing the cabbage to wilt slightly.
- Pour in the chicken broth and add Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the rice is tender and has absorbed the liquid. Check on it and and stir occasionally.
- Once the rice is cooked and the jambalaya is thick and flavorful, remove it from heat.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped green onions for an extra burst of freshness.
Enjoy your homemade Cajun Cabbage Jambalaya! This dish is not only a taste sensation but also a testament to the simplicity of one-pot cooking. Feel free to customize the spice level to suit your preference. It’s perfect for family dinners or gatherings with friends, offering a taste of the Cajun tradition in a comforting and convenient package.
If you’re looking for a great dessert recipe to have with this meal, try our delicious Bobby Flay Coconut Cake Recipe. Enjoy!