Steak Tartare – Spicy
Wolfgang Puck Steak Tartare ( Spicy Recipe ) is one to make if you’re looking for a dish that’s both spicy and delicious. This recipe is perfect for those who love the taste of raw beef combined with the heat of spicy sauces. The combination of all the ingredients creates an amazing taste.
Steak tartare is a French dish that’s made with raw beef that is finely chopped or ground and mixed with various spices and seasonings to create a delicious spread that can be served on crackers or toast.
You can make steak tartare – ( spicy ) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps.
The Ingredients to Make Steak Tartare ( Spicy ):
- 100 gr Filet – the best you can get – ( Preferred: use Kobe 5 or Black Angus )
- Baguette or other Toast
- 20 Gr Mustard – Dijon for Classic – ( Preferred: use Colmans English for hotter – you can also add a little of powder if you prefer dryer mixture )
- 4 gr Shallots – Minced
- 4 gr Capers – Minced
- 4 gr Chives – Minced
- 1 small Cornichon – Minced
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Any Spicy Sauce to Taste – ( Preferred: use tabasco habanero or powdered Chilli )
- 1 Tsp Lemon or Lime Juice
- 2 perfect Egg Yolks
- Splash Cognac
Instructions To Make Steak Tartare (Spicy ):
Need High Quality Kitchenware?
- Put the beef in the freezer to firm just a little. From the outside in, the meat will cool. You will want the outside to be frozen and the inside to be chilled ( Make sure you DO not freeze! ). This should take about 30 minutes or so.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the beef, mustard, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brandy, salt, pepper and egg until well blended.
- Put the meat in a neat pile on a glass dish, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Spread on crackers or toast.
- Put everything else ( Except the Yolks) in a Bowl and mix. Keep tasting and add salt and pepper until perfect.
- Put into a small dish and upturn on a plate and put the Yolk on top.
Now that you’ve made you steak tartare (spicy) creation, indulge and enjoy!