Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, som tum (thai green papaya salad). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Check Out Thai Green on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Som Tam is a popular Thai salad featuring green papaya and a spicy chile pepper dressing. The multitude of flavors from this salad explode in your mouth—sweet, tart, crunchy, and a touch of spiciness—the perfect side dish or a light entree.
Som tum (Thai green papaya salad) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Som tum (Thai green papaya salad) is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook som tum (thai green papaya salad) using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Som tum (Thai green papaya salad):
- Make ready Vegetables:
- Make ready 1 small green papaya, peeled and shredded
- Get 2 carrots, shredded
- Prepare 1/2 cucumber, shredded (optional)
- Make ready 2 teaspoons dried shrimp (optional, or leave out for a vegetarian alternative)
- Make ready Sauce:
- Prepare 3-4 red or green bird’s eye chillies or 5-7 finger chillies (more mild)
- Take 2 garlic cloves
- Make ready 3 tablespoons palm sugar (or granulated sugar)
- Make ready 2 yard-long beans (or green beans), cut into 2.5cm (optional)
- Take 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Prepare Juice of 2 fresh lime (or tamarind paste mixed with water)
- Get 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce (or 2 teaspoons salt or light soya sauce)
- Prepare Garnish:
- Make ready Handful salted or roasted peanuts (optional)
Pound the garlic and chillies to a paste. Add the dried shrimp, peanuts and long beans and pound to bruise. Follow with the green papaya and carrot. The two most popular types of green papaya salad have either dried shrimp or salted crab.
Instructions to make Som tum (Thai green papaya salad):
- Prepare all of the ingredients, shred the green papaya, carrots and cucumber (optional) using a shredder. Cut the beans (optional) tomatoes and lime and set aside.
- In a pestle and mortar roughly pound and bash the chillies and garlic together. Add the palm sugar, beans (optional), tomatoes and dried shrimp (optional). Then lightly pound all the ingredients together to combine.
- Squeeze in lime juice (or tamarind paste mixture) and fish sauce. Again lightly pound (avoid over bashing the ingredients). Add the sauce to the mixing bowl with the green papaya, carrot and cucumber (optional). Mix with a spoon to combine and incorporate all of the ingredients and taste. Tip: it should be sweet, salty and also have a sharp, sour and spicy tang (adjust as needed, add more lime for tang, sugar for sweetened, fish sauce for saltiness etc).
- Transfer the somtum salad into a serving bowl. Garnish and sprinkle over the peanuts (optional).
Follow with the green papaya and carrot. The two most popular types of green papaya salad have either dried shrimp or salted crab. Green papaya salad with dried shrimp and peanuts is called som tum thai. The green papaya salad with salted crab is called som tum pbooh. The majority of the ingredients are the same.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food som tum (thai green papaya salad) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!