Grilled chicken Aglio Olio is a tasty, rich and flavorful grilled chicken, along with the subtle hint of garlic and olive oil.
Aglio e Olio is a tasty Italian dish that came from Naples. It’s made by lightly cooking minced garlic in olive oil with sometimes adding red pepper, and topping it off with fresh parsley and parmesan.
In this particular recipe we are going to add grilled chicken to it. This will give this tasty pasta dish a little more protein, and a little more substance.
The recipe for this meal is pretty easy and straightforward. You can get started making this tasty grilled chicken Aglio Olio recipe using 11 ingredients and 15 steps all together.
The Ingredients Needed To Make Grilled Chicken Aglio Olio:
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Salt And Pepper to taste.
- 16 oz dry noodles. ( Usually Aglio Olio is made with spaghetti, but alternatively you can use any you like such as linguine, angel hair, fettuccini, and so forth.)
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 additional cloves of garlic (sliced thickly).
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- A Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
Instructions To Make The Grilled Chicken:
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, the 2 cloves of minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken breasts to the bowl and make sure they are well coated with the ingredients.
- Let the chicken sit and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill on medium to high heat.
- Grill the chicken on each side for about 6 to 7 minutes, or until it’s cooked through.
- Once the chicken is done, let it rest for a few minutes.
- Slice and cut the chicken.
Instructions To Make The Grilled Chicken Aglio Olio:
- Boil the noodles about a minute short of their package directions. While you wait for the noodles to boil, move on to the sauce.
- Add the olive oil to a large pan on medium heat. Add the other garlic and fry it gently for one minute.
- Add the pepper flakes, and cook it until the garlic is soft and caramel colored.
- Stop them from browning further by adding a few splashes of the pasta cooking water. Let the sauce simmer.
- When the noodles are almost cooked, drag them into the pan of sauce, and reserve a cup of the cooking water. Add most of the parmesan and parsley to the noodles and toss. Add salt to taste.
- If needed, add the cooking liquid a splash at a time to loosen the pasta.
- Add the sliced chicken to the dish.
- Serve with a sprinkle of the rest of the parmesan cheese and parsley.
You will find that this Grilled chicken Aglio Olio is not only easy to make, but also a tasty and flavorful Italian dish!
If you’re looking for another great meal to make, try our Delicious Baked Walleye Recipe. Enjoy!