Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, steamed african corn loaf. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Esplora la nostra selezione di libri, elettronica, abbigliamento e altro ancora. Steamed African corn loaf Richard Scott Cunningham. Traditionally, uJeqe – Steamed Zulu Bread is prepared by using freshly ground mealies (corn) similar to the traditional South African steamed mealie bread, whereby the bread is steamed in the sack of the corn. Mealie Bread (South African Corn Bread) – steamed corn pudding that is super-moist with a rich flavorful taste; added with some basil and smoked paprika to level up the flavor in this popular African and Southern bread.
Steamed African corn loaf is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Steamed African corn loaf is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have steamed african corn loaf using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Steamed African corn loaf:
- Prepare 3 ears corn
- Take 2 eggs
- Prepare 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Take 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Prepare 1/2 cup cornmeal
- Take 1 tablespoon sugar
- Take 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Take 1/2 teaspoon salt
Add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and paprika to the blender. Steamed Corn Bread Food is not divided into levels, whether it is in the hotel or street food, as long as you like it is food. For those who love food, it is not just a taste enjoyment, but also a kind of spiritual enjoyment. Once the water is boiling, pop the corn into the steamer.
Instructions to make Steamed African corn loaf:
- Spray 7×4 inch loaf pan that fits inside of oval crock-pot slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Cut kernels from corn,measure 11/2 cups. Combine 1 cup corn,eggs,and butter in food processor or blender; pulse until well mixed (not smooth) add remaining 1/2 cup corn;pulse briefly (some corn should remain whole).
- Combine flour,cornmeal,sugar,baking powder and salt in medium bowl stir to blend. Add corn mixture,stir until dry ingredients are just moistened. Do not overmix. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pan. Cut one 14- inch piece foil; fold in half. Place foil on top of pan crimping very tightly around edges. Place pan in crock-pot slow cooker. Add 1 inch of water around sides of pan.
- Cover;cook on high 4 to 41/2 hours. Remove pan from crock-pot slow cooker ;remove foil. Cut around loaf with knife to loosen; flip pan over onto wire rack. Cool bread 10 minutes. Flip loaf over before slicing.
For those who love food, it is not just a taste enjoyment, but also a kind of spiritual enjoyment. Once the water is boiling, pop the corn into the steamer. Keep an eye on the water levels and top off as needed. Serve with your favorite flavored butter and a dash of freshly ground pepper. Mealie Bread is a treat you will find throughout southern Africa.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food steamed african corn loaf recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!