Shrimp and chicken fajitas is a delicious meal that you can make in a couple of different ways. You can prepare and put each fajita together yourself before serving, or it can make made in such a way that your family or guests can create their own at the dinner table to their liking and preferences.
Either way, everyone can enjoy this festive meal. It’s a delicious and satisfying, and is packed with protein, vegetables, and spices.
Fajitas are a popular dish in Mexican cuisine that consists of grilled meat and vegetables served on a warm tortilla. You can use either corn or flour tortillas, and you can customize your fajitas with your favorite toppings, such as salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, cilantro, lettuce, tomatoes, and lime juice. Fajitas are fun to eat and perfect for sharing with your family and friends for most any occasion.
When making fajitas from scratch you have to buy different kinds of meat, such as steak, chicken, or shrimp, and it’s best to marinate them with various seasonings before making it. It’s not required, but the end result is usually better tasting.
The secret to this shrimp and chicken fajitas recipe is the homemade fajita seasoning. It gives the shrimp and chicken a smoky and spicy flavor that complements the sweetness of the onion and bell peppers.
This shrimp and chicken fajitas recipe is low-carb and high-protein.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have chicken fajitas using 18 ingredients and 7 steps.
The Ingredients Needed To Make Shrimp And Chicken Fajitas:
- Get 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Prepare 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Make ready 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- Make ready 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Make ready 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Prepare 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Get 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Get 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Make ready 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1-1/2 ponds of Shrimp (deveined)
- Get 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- Get 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- Prepare 1/2 medium yellow pepper, julienned (optional)
- Prepare 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Prepare 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Take 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Make ready Optional: Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole, sliced red onions and sour cream
Instructions To Make Shrimp And Chicken Fajitas:
- Cut the chicken into thin slices. In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Season it with half of the fajita seasoning. Then you peel and devein the shrimp and season it with the remaining fajita seasoning. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- While the chicken and shrimp are marinating, prepare and cut your peppers and onions and toss them with oil and salt.
- Then cook the chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat until almost done. ( About 5-6 minutes). Then transfer the chicken to a plate and keep it warm.
- Then cook the shrimp in the same skillet until they turn pink. You transfer the shrimp to another plate and keep them warm.
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, sauté peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with desired toppings.
That’s it! You have a delicious shrimp and chicken fajitas ready in less than 30 minutes. You can serve them on warm tortillas with your desired toppings. You can also serve them with some rice or beans for a more filling meal.
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can reheat them in the microwave or on the stovetop with a splash of water, and you can also use them to make salads, wraps, bowls, or nachos.
So what are you waiting for? Try this shrimp and chicken fajitas recipe today and see for yourself how easy and delicious it is. You will never want go back to the restaurant version again!
If you’re looking for a side dish to go with these delicious fajitas, try our Spanish Rice With Salsa recipe. Enjoy!