This baked Walleye recipe is very simple to make, and is a delicious and savory dish. It is enveloped with the distinct flavor of walleye, as well as a succulent buttery flavor, combined with the blackened seasoning, as well as the other seasonings, making it a super tasty meal.
Walleye is known for its flavor, and doesn’t have much of a fishy taste to it at all, therefore it has a more mild and succulent taste to it.
Walleye is a type of fish that eats smaller fish, leaches, frogs, and so forth. They can also live to be up to 20 years, and grow to be up to 30 inches long.
To get started with this particular baked Walleye recipe, you will first have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can make this baked Walleye recipe using only 6 ingredients and 8 easy steps.
The Ingredients Needed To Make This Baked Walleye Recipe:
- 2 Walleye fillets
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 tsp of seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp of blackening spice
- 1/2 tsp of all purpose seasoning
- 1 box of Italian breadcrumbs
Steps To Make This Baked Walleye Recipe:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Once the butter is melted, mix in the salt, blackening spice, and all purpose seasoning.
- Pour the seasoned butter into a large enough pan to lay the Walleye in.
- Then, dip both sides of the walleye fillet into the butter.
- Spread the Italian breadcrumbs out on a large dish. Flop the walleye onto both sides of the bread crumbs, and make sure the breadcrumbs cover the fillet well on both sides.
- Once they are well covered, lay the walleye fillets on a broiling pan, and place additional small slivers of butter on top of the walleye.
- Broil the walleye for around 10 minutes or so, or until it is baked to your liking.
- Then, take it out and let it cool for a few minutes, and enjoy!
You can serve this savory and delicious baked Walley recipe with any side dishes you like such as rice, broccoli, potatoes, or any vegetables.
If you’re looking for another great dinner recipe to make involving fish, try our delicious “Air Fryer Cod With Panko Recipe. Enjoy!