This spicy salmon bake recipe is as delicious as it looks and sounds. This particular dish is also known as “Firecracker salmon”.
This recipe can be made as hot as you want it to be, but be prepared. With these ingredients, it packs a lot of heat, and it can be very spicy depending on exactly how hot you actually make it.
You can make spicy salmon bake, ( or firecracker salmon ) using 12 ingredients and 11 steps.
The Ingredients Needed To Make Spicy Salmon Bake ( or Firecracker Salmon ):
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp of minced ginger
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of Heinz chili sauce ( You can substitute with Buffalo sauce or hot sauce to suit your heat preference ).
- 1 tsp of brown sugar or brown sugar substitute ( OPTIONAL ).
- A Pinch of crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1-2 tsp siracha ( adjust to suit your heat preference ).
- Get foreskin off salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1/2 tsp of paprika ( You can use either mild, smoky, or spicy whichever you prefer ).
- 1/4 cup of chives or green onions ( chopped ).
Instructions To Make Spicy Salmon Bake ( Or Firecracker Salmon ):
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, minced ginger, olive oil, soy sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar, red chili flakes and siracha.
- Combine everything well together.
- Season the salmon with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add the salmon fillets to the marinade, turning each to evenly coat in the sauce.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight ( if time allows ).
- Preheat the oven to 370°F (190°C). Heat on an oven proof skillet over medium heat with a small drizzle of oil.
- Sear the salmon for about 2-3 minutes on both sides, undisturbed, to get a nice crust. ( You may need to sear in batches depending on the size of your skillet. )
- Transfer to a plate and repeat the process with the remaining salmon.
- Return all of the salmon fillets to the skillet. Alternatively, you can transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until it’s cooked to your liking.
- Top it off with the fresh chopped chives, and serve it warm.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special spicy salmon bake recipe. If you like spicy foods, and seafood, you are sure to love this dish!
If you’re looking for another great seafood dish to make, try our Cod With Ginger And Soy Sauce recipe. Enjoy!