Smoked salmon avocado toast with egg is a breakfast that is nutritious, as well as delicious. Breakfast is also known as the most important meal of the day, so it should be healthy and tasty.
Smoked salmon originated from the cold waters of the North Atlantic, and was first prepared by the people of North America centuries ago. They discovered that smoking the fish not only preserved it, but it also enhances its flavor. Today, smoked salmon is enjoyed worldwide and is particularly popular in dishes like our “Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast with Egg”.
This particular recipe combines the rich flavors of smoked salmon and creamy avocado and egg, all served on top of a slice of toasted rye bread. The avocado in and of itself, provides a smooth contrast to the smoky flavor of the salmon, while the egg adds a layer of heartiness. Rye bread also has a stronger flavor than regular bread made from wheat flour, making it the perfect addition for this recipe.
No meal is complete without a sauce that ties all the flavors together. This recipe includes a special sauce made with sour cream, wasabi (or horseradish), fresh dill, lemon juice, and lemon zest. This particular sauce adds an extra zing to every bite, and makes this recipe truly unique.
The process of making this recipe involves curing the fish in a brine before it is smoked. This recipe includes a homemade brine that infuses the salmon with flavors from various spices like mustard seeds, black peppercorn, fennel seeds, cloves, coriander seeds, pink peppercorns, chili flakes, cinnamon stick, and bay leaves. This flavorful brine ensures that every bite of the salmon is packed with a flavorful and delicious taste.
You can make this Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast With Egg recipe using 32 ingredients, and only 7 steps.
The Ingredients Needed To Make Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast With Egg:
- 6 Salmon Fillets, (Preferably Wild Caught.)
- 2 Avocados
- 6 Eggs
- 12 Slices of Rye Bread
- Unsalted Butter, (for spreading.)
- 1 Handful of Fresh Dill
- Sesame Oil, (for drizzling.)
- Pinch of White Pepper
Ingredients For The Brineto MakeSmoked Salmon Avocado Toast With Egg:
- 2 kg of Water
- 75 g of Sea Salt
- 150 g of Demerara Sugar
- 2 g of Mustard Seeds
- 2 g of Black Peppercorn
- 1 g of Fennel Seeds
- 6 Cloves
- 4 g of Coriander Seeds
- 1 g of Pink Peppercorns
- Pinch of Chili Flakes
- 1/4 Inch of a Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Bay Leaves.
Ingredients For The Rub to Make Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast With Egg:
- 5 g of Sea Salt
- 10 g of Demerara Sugar
- 8 g of Black Pepper
- 5 g of Coriander Powder
- 1 g of Pink Peppercorns Freshly Ground
- Pinch of Chili Flakes
- Pinch of Dried Mushroom Powder.
Ingredients for the Sauce To Make Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast With Egg:
- 1/4 Cup of Sour Cream
- 1/2 TBSP of Wasabi / Horseradish
- Pinch of Fresh Dill (Finely Chopped.)
- Fresh Lemon Juice (from 1/2 of a Lemon.)
- Fresh Lemon Zest (from 1/2 of a Lemon.)
Steps To Make Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast With Egg:
- Prepare the Brine: Combine all of the brine ingredients in a large container. Stir it until the sugar has dissolved. Add in the salmon fillets. Cover and chill in the fridge for 24 to 48 hrs.
- Prepare the Rub: Combine all the rub ingredients together, then set aside.
- Prepare the Sauce: Mix all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl until it’s well combined. Set aside in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
- Smoke the Salmon: After brining for 24 or 48 hrs, remove the salmon fillets from the brine and pat them dry. Sprinkle the rub onto both sides of the salmon fillets. Smoke as per your smoker’s instructions.
- Prepare the Toast: Spread butter onto one side of each rye bread slice and toast until golden brown.
- Put It All Together: Spread sauce onto each slice of the rye toast. Flake smoked salmon onto each slice, followed by slices of avocado and a sprinkle of fresh dill. Top each toast with a poached egg and drizzle with sesame oil.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy your Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast with Egg!
This smoked salmon avocado toast with egg recipe is more than just a breakfast. It’s an experience that brings together a contrast of flavors to create a meal that’s not only satisfying and delicious, but is also healthy, and packed with nutrients. So why wait? Try this delicious and healthy recipe today, and start your day off on the right track!
If you’re looking for another healthy salmon dish, try our Spicy Salmon Bake recipe. Enjoy!