With this Cod with ginger and soy sauce recipe, we are going to also include oyster sauce to give it a little extra flavor for your tastebuds.
The Cod along with these 3 ingredients makes this a delicious and mouthwatering meal. However, the ginger and soy sauce provide the main flavors for this quick and easy Asian cuisine recipe.
The Cod is so crispy, juicy and tender, even the tail can be enjoyed. Ginger and soy sauce gives it a nice herby and salty flavor. The herbs, soy sauce, and oil, combined, will infuse a great umami into the fish, eliminating the need to marinate the fish before cooking.
The wonders of using soy sauce, Cod, and oyster sauce together brings forth a lot of different flavors when combined. It can also be used in making other Asian cuisines, such as stir fry.
You can make this Cod with ginger and soy sauce using 15 ingredients all together, and 11 easy steps.
The Ingredients Needed To Make Cod With Ginger And Soy Sauce:
- 375 gr Cod fish (cut into dice).
- 1/4 of a Lemon
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp of rice flour
- 60 ml Water.
The Ingredients For the Sauce:
- 2 tsp of ginger ( chopped ).
- 1 clove of garlic ( chopped ).
- 2 tsp of brown sugar
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 1 tsp of cornstarch ( Dissolve with 5 tbsp of water ).
- Sesame seeds
- 60 ml water.
- Peanut oil, ( or alternatively you can use extra virgin olive oil ).
Instructions To Make Cod With Ginger And Soy Sauce:
- Place the Cod fish in a bowl, squeeze in the lemon juice and add salt. Mix them well.
- In another bowl, mix the all purpose flour and rice flour. Add the water and mix well.
- Add the fish into the flour mixture. Stir until all of the fish are coated in flour.
- Fry the Cod in hot oil until golden brown and crispy.
- Set aside the oil from the pan and leave about 4 tbsp oil in the pan.
- Add the chopped ginger & garlic, stir for 1 minute, and then add water and stir well.
- Stir in the brown sugar, oyster sauce, and soy sauce, and bring it to a boil.
- Add the mixture of the cornstarch. Stir it well until the sauce has thickened. Add some salt if necessary.
- Add the fish into the sauce, stir it well, and make sure that all of the fish are coated with the sauce.
- Add sesame seeds for garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!
This Cod with ginger and soy sauce recipe is sure to be a hit at the dinner table!
If you’re looking for another great dish to make, try our Grilled Chicken Aglio Olio recipe. Enjoy!