Potato bacon soup crock pot is a hearty soup that combines the potatoes and all the other ingredients, in a rich and creamy broth. Made in a crock pot ( or slow cooker), which makes it very convenient and easy to put together. You can pretty much put all the ingredients into the crock pot, and let it do its magic. The result will be a thick and savory soup that will make you cozy on a chilly day.
Potato bacon soup crock pot has a smooth and creamy texture as well as a savory and smoky flavor. It’s also very filling and satisfying, thanks to the starch and fiber from the potatoes, combined with the protein and the fat from the bacon and cheese.
This potato bacon soup crock pot is super easy to make, with minimal ingredients and equipment. You only need one crock pot and one cutting board to make it. You can also use pre-cut or frozen potatoes, and bacon to save even more time.
Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also healthy for you as well. Potato bacon soup crock pot is a healthy meal that is high in many vitamins, and can help boost your immune system.
To make this particular recipe, you will need 10 ingredients and 4 steps.
The Ingredients Needed To Make Potato Bacon Soup Crock Pot 🥣 🧀 🥓:
- 2 lbs washed, cubed potatoes of your preference. ( You can use: russet, Yukon gold, red, or white potatoes. You can also use frozen or canned potatoes if you don’t have fresh ones.)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 large purple Onion diced into cubes
- 1 lb bacon (See the tips below to prepare for preference)
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Instructions To Make Potato Bacon Soup Crock Pot 🥣 🧀 🥓:
- Put your potatoes, broth, onion, and all spices in a crock pot on high. After about 3 hours see if potatoes are tender with a fork, and remove about half of the potatoes and set them aside for later.
- Using a potato masher or whisk, mash up what’s left in the slow cooker ( You can also use a blender or a food processor if you want a smoother texture), and stir in 1/2 cup of your bacon drippings, sour cream, and 2 cups of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Now add the potatoes that you removed and set aside back into the crock pot, and let it simmer for 30 minutes on low in the crock pot.
- Serve with crumbled bacon, freshly chopped green onion, sour cream and / or shredded cheese.
Tips And Tricks For Making Potato Bacon Soup Crock Pot Even Better:
- If you like your bacon crispy, cook the bacon in a skillet prior to adding it to the crock pot.
- Cut the potatoes into small and even pieces. This will help them to cook faster and more evenly in the crock pot.
- You can Peel the potatoes if you wish, but if you leave the skin on, it will add more fiber to it.
- Add some extra toppings to your soup before serving. You can sprinkle some more cheese, bacon, green onions, or sour cream on top of your soup for more flavor and crunch. You can also add some sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, or lemon juice for a tangy twist.
The combination of potatoes and bacon with the onion give it a savory and beautiful flavor, making it a cozy and satisfying meal to enjoy on a chilly day.
If you’re looking for another great One Pot Meal, try our Cajun Cabbage Jambalaya recipe.