Macaroni and Cheese is a dish that everyone loves to eat, but not everyone knows how to make it without using a “kraft” box with instructions. However, the Traeger Smoked Mac and Cheese recipe is easy to make, and requires only a few ingredients that are easily available at any grocery store. This is a dish that will leave you wanting more after every bite.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook Traeger smoked mac and cheese using only 7 ingredients and 7 steps.
Ingredients to make Traeger Smoked Mac And Cheese:
- Noodles – medium shells
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 lb brie cheese
- 8 oz medium cheddar cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Spices – Salt, pepper, garlic, and nutmeg
Instructions to make Traeger Smoked Mac and Cheese:
- To begin, prepare the cheese. Cut as much of the rind from the cheese as possible. Block cheddar usually has a smoother taste, but I used a bag of Shredded medium cheese. To make your cream cheese and butter melt easily, Cut them into cubes.
- Put all your cheese and butter into a medium pot. Melt your cheese on low to medium heat. Allow it to melt slowly while stirring so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Once the cheese starts to melt, start preparing the noodles according to the instructions on the package. Preheat / Set the smoker to 180 degrees.
- Add in your heavy whipping cream once the cheese is almost completely melted. Use about 1/2 cup. You don’t want it to be super thick, and the smoker will condense it down a bit. Whisk everything together until it has a nice and smooth texture.
- Now that everything is combined, add your salt, pepper, garlic ( Add as much as you like. I used a good amount since I love garlic ) and just a dash of nutmeg. Use the salt and pepper to your preferred taste.
- Drain your noodles, then combine everything into the pan of your choice. It’s probably best to use a 9×9 pan to fit everything nicely. ( You may want to leave out some of the noodles to ensure that they are all covered with the excess sauce. )
- Place the Mac and cheese in the middle of the Traeger when it’s ready. ( Recommendation: Use apple pellets and set the super smoker for 20 minutes. )
- After the 20 minutes is up, remove the dish. Then heat the Traeger to 350°. Once it is up to temperature cook with it covered in foil for about 15-20 minutes.
The amazing taste of all the flavors combined will leave you wanting more. If you’re looking for something different to serve at your next gathering, then this recipe is definitely worth trying out. If not, try our Potato Bacon Soup Crock Pot recipe as an alternative.