Nachos with jalapenos is a Mexican cuisine that consists of tortilla chips topped with melted cheese, and sliced jalapeno peppers.
We are going to make this recipe with beef as well, and you can alternatively use chicken. It can also include other ingredients such as beans, tomatoes, olives, salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. It’s usually served as an appetizer or a snack, but it can also be eaten as a main course, dessert, or snack. It’s crunchy, gooey, savory, and spicy, all rolled into one appetizer, and it can satisfy your cravings for both salt and spiciness.
Nachos with jalapenos have a long and interesting history and how they came to be. There are a couple of different stories of how it originated. One story goes as far back as far as the 1940’s, and another in the 1970’s. However, no matter how they came to be, they are a delicious treat to have.
Nachos with jalapenos may not be the healthiest food in the world, but they do have some benefits that you may not be aware of.
Firstly, they contain protein from the cheese and the meat, which helps build and repair muscle and tissue. They also contain calcium from the cheese and the sour cream, which helps to strengthen bones and teeth.
Lastly, they contain capsaicin from the jalapeno peppers, which is also gives them their spicy flavor. Capsaicin has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to ease arthritis, headaches, or muscle soreness. It can also increase metabolism and help to burn more calories.
So they may not be the healthiest, but they do have some health benefits.
Nachos with jalapenos are a Mexican dish that consists of heated tortilla chips covered with melted cheese (or a cheese-based sauce), often served as a snack or appetizer. You can avoid soggy nachos by briefly baking the chips prior to topping them.
You can make nachos with jalapenos using 6 ingredients and 8 steps.
The Ingredients Needed To Make Nachos With Jalapenos:
- 1 Bag of tortilla chips
- 2 lbs ground beef (You can alternatively use chicken if you prefer).
- Refried beans
- Shredded Cheese
- Jalapeños (You can use fresh or pickled jalapeno peppers, depending on your preference. You can also adjust the amount of jalapeno peppers according to your spice tolerance ).
- Other toppings to your preference (Diced tomato, diced onions, diced bell peppers, black olives, sour cream, etc..)
Instructions To Make Nachos With Jalapenos:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook the hamburger meat (or chicken)
- Spread chips out on a pizza baking sheet
- Cover the chips with refried beans
- Cover the chips with meat (Don’t forget to strain the grease from the hamburger meat before applying if applicable)
- Cover the chips with shredded cheese
- Cover the chips with jalapeños
- Bake until the cheese is melted (About 10-15 minutes).
- Serve with any toppings and sauces you like. For example, you can top them off with beans, tomatoes, olives, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, etc..
So that is going to wrap up this spicy and flavorful nachos with jalapenos recipe. Enjoy! If you’re looking for a delicious dinner to make, try our Savory Salmon With Mushroom Risotto recipe.