Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, pot roast (pressure cooker). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pot Roast (Pressure Cooker) is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Pot Roast (Pressure Cooker) is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Spedizione gratis (vedi condizioni) Trova Pressure Cookers. Ottieni Risultati di Qualità & Risposte con iZito! Heat oil in a pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Brown roast on all sides in the hot oil; season with pepper, seasoned salt, and onion powder.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook pot roast (pressure cooker) using 21 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pot Roast (Pressure Cooker):
- Prepare 3-4 lb beef chuck
- Take 2 Tbsp salt
- Take 1 Tbsp oil
- Take 1 tsp black pepper
- Make ready 1 tsp thyme
- Prepare 1 tsp rosemary
- Prepare 2 bay leaves
- Make ready 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- Prepare 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- Make ready 1/2 cup vermouth
- Prepare 1 cup red wine
- Get 1 Bou beef bouillon cube
- Prepare 2 cups boiling water
- Make ready 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- Take 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Make ready 12 oz frozen pearl onions
- Take 1 lb potatoes, cubed
- Make ready 5 medium carrots, cut in pieces
- Take 10 oz mushrooms, quartered
- Prepare 3 Tbsp corn starch
- Make ready 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Sprinkle onion soup mix over the roast. Once pressure cooker is hot and butter is melted, season your roast with garlic salt, and pepper. Place roast into the pot and sear roast on both sides. Once the roast is seared, remove it from the pot and set it aside on a plate.
Steps to make Pot Roast (Pressure Cooker):
- Prep the ingredients. Combine the water, wine, boullion, Worcestershire, and fish sauce. In a bowl layer the mushrooms, carrots and potatoes. This is so when the vegetables go in, the potatoes will be in the liquid and the mushrooms on top.
- In the pressure cooker, add 1 Tbsp oil and heat on high. Add the onions and cook until browning, or they release their liquid. (If you’re using a dutch oven, brown the meat first [steps 5-7] in the dutch oven on the stovetop, remove and then follow these directions).
- Add the garlic, tomato paste, and spices.
- When the paste begins to stick to the bottom, add the liquid.
- Season the beef chuck with salt.
- Sear the chuck in a skillet on high heat with a little oil.
- Degaze the pan with the vermouth and add it to the pressure cooker.
- Add the chuck to the pressure cooker.
- Cook on high pressure for 35 min followed by immediate pressure release. If using a dutch oven, cook covered in a 300°F oven for 2-3 hours adding more water as necessary.
- Add the veggies so the potatoes are on the bottom and mostly submerged, then the carrots, followed by the mushrooms. Cook on high pressure 15 minutes followed by natural pressure relief. If using the dutch oven, cook with the cover ajar 40-50 min more or until the potatoes are tender.
- Combine the starch with 1/4 cup of water.
- Remove the pot roast from the pot and set aside.
- Bring the liquid in the pot to a simmer and add the starch slurry, stirring to thicken.
- Slice the pot roast, return it to the thickened sauce to reheat.
- Sprinkle the parsley on and serve in large bowls. I like to add simple steamed green peas as a side.
Place roast into the pot and sear roast on both sides. Once the roast is seared, remove it from the pot and set it aside on a plate. In the pressure cooker, the main factor that determines how long meat needs to be cooked is the thickness. Cutting in in thirds helps it to be able to cook faster since it reduces the distance from the middle to the edges. Plus, when you cut the roast, it’s easier to fit in pot and easier and quicker to brown.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food pot roast (pressure cooker) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!