Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, slow cooker beef barley soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Slow Cooker Beef barley soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Slow Cooker Beef barley soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Compare the best deals for Slow Cooker! Updated daily deals Add to the slow cooker. Add the stock, water, celery, carrots, spring onions, parsley and barley. Add the thyme just before serving.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have slow cooker beef barley soup using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Beef barley soup:
- Make ready 1.5 lbs chuck roast
- Get 1.5 lbs potatoes peeled and cubed 1/2 inch
- Prepare 2 carrots peeled and cubed
- Get 1 onion diced
- Get 4 cloves garlic
- Make ready 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Take 2 tbsp better than bouillion
- Prepare 2 tsp Worcester sauce
- Take 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare 1/4 tsp pepper
- Take 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Prepare 2 bay leaf
- Make ready 6 cups beef broth
- Make ready 2/3 cup barley
- Take Option – mushrooms or other vegetables
- Prepare oil of choice
Simmer it low all day long and end the day with this comforting meal. Best served with warm, buttery slices of fresh bread. Stir in carrots, barley and broth. Directions In a large skillet, brown meat in oil over medium heat; drain.
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Beef barley soup:
- Brown beef cubes in oil 1-2 minutes per side on med-high heat
- Add beef and all ingredients to slow cooker and cook for 4-5 hours
- Fill liquid to the top or check if more is require later.
Stir in carrots, barley and broth. Directions In a large skillet, brown meat in oil over medium heat; drain. Transfer meat to the slow cooker. Reduce heat to medium and add garlic, onions, carrots and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Scrape the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen all browned meat bits.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food slow cooker beef barley soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!