Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, puerto rican traditional sofrito. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Puerto Rican Traditional Sofrito is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Puerto Rican Traditional Sofrito is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
Vendita Diretta Online Di Lampadari e Oggettistica in Vetro di Murano. Spedizione gratis (vedi condizioni) Sofrito is the secret to many Hispanic Caribbean recipes. It is a fragrant aromatic puree of peppers, onions, garlic, herbs, and olive oil. The magic herb in this fragrant mixture is cilantro.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have puerto rican traditional sofrito using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Puerto Rican Traditional Sofrito:
- Prepare 1 bunch Recao
- Get 1 Ajices Dulces (small sweet peppers)
- Make ready 1 bunch Cilantro
- Make ready 1 packages peeled garlic cloves
- Make ready 2 large red bell peppers (or 1 can of pimientos)
- Make ready 3 large green cooking peppers (or bell peppers)
- Get 3 medium onions
- Get 1 tbsp water (optional)
- Get 2 tbsp Salt (optional)
Sofrito is a basic blend of peppers, onions, garlic, and cilantro blended together to create a puree. A puree of pure bliss in a bottle! It is used in stews, rice dishes, Latin pasta dishes, bean dishes and a lot more! Sofrito to Latinos is like spaghetti sauce to Italians; each family has their own unique recipe open to modifications.
Steps to make Puerto Rican Traditional Sofrito:
- Take off the stems from the ajices dulces. Cut your peppers in chunks (discarding the seeds), and the onions
- Wash all your ingredients. Place all your ingredients in your blender. (You can also use a Food Processor, or even a Bullet.) You can blend without water, because it releases its own. BUT if your blender doesn’t start, just add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Blend until you get the constistency you like then add your salt (optional). You can add water if its too thick.
- You can store a small pint container in the fridge and the rest in the freezer for freshness for as long as you like.
- When done be sure to wash your blender/food processor/bullet with hot water and soap so that the flavor of garlic and onion won’t stay.
It is used in stews, rice dishes, Latin pasta dishes, bean dishes and a lot more! Sofrito to Latinos is like spaghetti sauce to Italians; each family has their own unique recipe open to modifications. Place the garlic, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, green chile peppers, and onions into a food processor, and process to a coarse puree. Spoon the sofrito into ice cube trays and freeze. Once the cubes are solidly frozen, transfer them to a resealable freezer bag.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food puerto rican traditional sofrito recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!