Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, talam ubi ungu (purple sweet potato steamed cake). One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Helooo, kali ini saya mo bikin olahan ubi ungu lagi. Kali ini bikin putu ayu talam. This cake, or we call it kue talam, is my alltime favorite traditional cake. Bring back my childhood memories in every bite.
Talam Ubi Ungu (Purple Sweet Potato Steamed Cake) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Talam Ubi Ungu (Purple Sweet Potato Steamed Cake) is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook talam ubi ungu (purple sweet potato steamed cake) using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Talam Ubi Ungu (Purple Sweet Potato Steamed Cake):
- Take Ingredients A:
- Get 200 gr sweet purple yam, steam, make purée
- Make ready 100 gr granulated sugar
- Get 70 gr tapioca flour
- Get 30 gr rice flour
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt
- Make ready 200 ml instant coconut milk
- Get 50 ml water
- Take Ingredients B:
- Take 175 instant coconut milk
- Get 30 gr rice flour
- Get 15 gr tapioca flour
- Take 1/4 tsp salt
The salty part is from the white coconut layer. You can also replace the sweet potato with pumpkin. Steps In a big bowl, add sweet potato purée, tapioca flour, rice flour, sugar, and salt. Kue talam is characterized by its two-layer look.
Instructions to make Talam Ubi Ungu (Purple Sweet Potato Steamed Cake):
- This is the most important step to do: Cover the lid of the steamer with a kitchen towel to prevent condensation from the lid from falling on to the steamed cake. Fill the steamer with water (below the steaming plate). Cover the steamer with the lid and slowly bring water to boil over medium-high heat.
- Brush the molds thinly with vegetable oil.
- In a big bowl, add sweet purple yam purée, tapioca flour, rice flour, granulated sugar, and salt. Mix well. Gradually pour the coconut milk little by little into the bowl. Keep stirring until all the ingredients have mixed completely. Strain the mixture.
- In another bowl, add all ingredients B. Mix well. Strain.
- Pour mixture A into the sides of the molds. – Steam for 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture A into the molds 3/4 full. Steam for 7-10 minutes depending on how big your molds are.
- Pour mixture B on top of mixture A until the mold is full. Steam again for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Take the sweet potato cake out of the molds and let it cool. Enjoy 😋
Steps In a big bowl, add sweet potato purée, tapioca flour, rice flour, sugar, and salt. Kue talam is characterized by its two-layer look. The bottom layer is made with sweet potato. Sometimes you will see purple version where purple sweet potato is used. The mashed sweet potato is mixed with gluten-free flour like rice and tapioca flour, which you will find being used a lot in Southeast Asian dessert and cakes.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food talam ubi ungu (purple sweet potato steamed cake) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!