Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, white rice (egyptian style). One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Bring The French Quarter To Your Kitchen With Zatarain’s® Recipes & Ideas For Inspiration. Note that you need to keep stirring to make sure nothing gets burned. Wash the rice lightly under running tap water to cleanse from extra starch. Heat the oil till its warm then add the rice and spices/ herbs.
White rice (Egyptian style) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. White rice (Egyptian style) is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook white rice (egyptian style) using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make White rice (Egyptian style):
- Get 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Make ready 1 tbsp butter
- Take dozen thin spaghetti
- Make ready 1 cup white rice
- Take 1/2 small onion, chopped
- Take 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Take 3 piece bay leaf
- Get 2 cup boiling water
- Get 1 salt
- Make ready 1 black pepper
We’ve altered it slightly from the traditional rice in order to make it vegan and a bit more healthy, but it definitely hits the spot! Everyone (even my Egyptian friends who are a bit picky) really like this – even with the twists we’ve added! Wash and soak rice (don’t soak after washing if using Egyptian rice). Fry the noodles in hot oil, stirring constantly, until golden.
Instructions to make White rice (Egyptian style):
- Cut the spaghetti stick to 4 parts
- Wash the rice and leave it to drain/dry
- Add oil, butter, onion, garlic, bay leaf and spaghetti and stir till for 5 min till spaghetti turns golden brown
- Add rice and stir for another 10 min. Note that you need to keep stirring to make sure nothing gets burned.
- Add boiling water (NO cold water, it will ruin the rice). Note that for every cup of rice = two cups of boiling water
- Add salt and pepper and stir.
- Leave it boiling till alomst all the water is absorbed. Then turn the heat down to lowest temp. and leave for 15 min. (It gets cooked by the steam, so dont remove pot cover)
- Note 1: dont stir rise till its fully cooked. If you need to taste, take a spoon from side or top.
- Note 2: stove need to be on lowest heat possible. High heat will burn the rice at bottom.
- Taste to Check if rice had cooked. If not, covered it and leave for another 5 or 10 min.
Wash and soak rice (don’t soak after washing if using Egyptian rice). Fry the noodles in hot oil, stirring constantly, until golden. Drain off the rice, then add to the pot, and fry with the noodles for about a minute. To begin, cook a cup white rice. Though our copycat recipe calls to sautee the rice in oil and then boil the rice in chicken stock and salt, you can also just use salted water if you prefer.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food white rice (egyptian style) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!