The combination of thyme, onion powder, and paprika give the fish a succulent and mild flavor, while the salsa adds the extra added spice to it.
( If you prefer it to not be too spicy, simply leave out the jalapenos that we have included in the salsa recipe. Alternatively, you can use radishes, tomatoes, cilantro, onions, peppers, yogurt, sour cream, etc. You can use whatever toppings you like. We just put the salsa recipe in here for your convenience).
The recipe for these tacos is pretty straightforward and easy to do. You can cook baked fish tacos using 6 ingredients and 7 easy steps.
(As I stated before, we have a separate recipe included below for the salsa). You can make the tomato salsa recipe using 9 ingredients and 2 super easy steps.
Ingredients To Make Baked Fish Tacos:
- 1 pound firm of white fish. ( You can use any kind of white fish you like. For example: cod, halibut, tilapia, grouper, etc.. ).
- 1 tablespoon of thyme
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste to your preference.
- Corn tortillas.
Instructions To Make Baked Fish Tacos:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the thyme, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the fish into 2″ inch pieces and put them in the spice mixture until they’re coated well on both sides.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the fish on the baking sheet.
- Bake the fish in the oven for about 10 minutes or until it’s flaky and cooked through.
- Warm the corn tortillas and place the pieces of baked fish into them.
- Load the tortillas with the fish, give it a squeeze of lime juice, and top with the salsa, and / or lettuce, and plain yogurt. (Alternatively you can use sour cream if you prefer that more than yogurt).
- Additionally, top your tacos with whatever you like. (A salsa recipe is included below for your convenience),
Tomato Salsa Recipe (Optional)
Now let’s make some fresh tomato salsa to go with our baked fish tacos. (As I stated before, you can use whatever toppings you like, or simply just the salsa we’ve included in this recipe).
Ingredients To Make Tomato Salsa:
- 3 cups of chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of onions, diced
- ½ cup of chopped green, bell pepper
- ¼ cup of minced, fresh cilantro
- 2 tbs of fresh lime juice
- 4 tsps of chopped fresh jalapeño pepper (including seeds). (For less spiciness, use less, or omit the seeds from the jalapenos, or omit jalapenos entirely from this recipe).
- ½ tsp of ground cumin
- ½ tsp of kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
Instructions To Make Tomato Salsa:
- Put all your ingredients into a bowl and stir until its combined well.
- Let it stand for about 15 minutes or so to accumulate all of the combined flavors.
(This tomato salsa can withstand room temperature for up to 2 hours).
Alternatively, you can use pineapple salsa, mango salsa, or any type of salsa you choose. You can also just use diced tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.. or just whatever toppings you choose and prefer.
You can serve these tacos with rice, refried beans, nachos, or anything that goes good with regular tacos.
If you would like a great dessert, try our dill and cheddar scones recipe. Enjoy!